A Journalist’s Brand, a reflection of who they are, not who they want to be.
In one of my classes we’ve spent the past couple of weeks examining a “brand” as a journalist and how important it is to our success in the field. I’ve been struggling with the idea of my personal brand and how it defines me as a writer. One of the conversations my professor and I had about the subject dealt the tone we use across the various social media platforms, which today are seemingly integrated into our lives. I argued that it is a much more irrelevant conversation for my generation because our social media “voice” is something that we’ve carried for pretty much our entire lives up to this point, while people like my mom and her generation have had to actually learn how to communicate.
About joemartin2014J-student at Arizona State University, and pursing a minor in business as well.
- Wow the hawks just got worked. 6 days ago
- RT @BostonGlobe: Bombing survivor Marc Fucarile just crossed the #BostonMarathon finish line. bos.gl/Y6ZPPq3 https://t.co/TP7Tl2hL… 1 week ago
- I don't get the feeling Wrigley is particularly thrilled by Mike Glennon or his singing. 1 week ago
- https://t.co/OB7BTFWVLC 2 weeks ago
- RT @D_Ross3: BLING for the CHAMPS https://t.co/3pDdrbMn0K 2 weeks ago
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.