A Journalist’s Brand, a reflection of who they are, not who they want to be.
In one of my classes we’ve spent the past couple of weeks examining a “brand” as a journalist and how important it is to our success in the field. I’ve been struggling with the idea of my personal brand and how it defines me as a writer. One of the conversations my professor and I had about the subject dealt the tone we use across the various social media platforms, which today are seemingly integrated into our lives. I argued that it is a much more irrelevant conversation for my generation because our social media “voice” is something that we’ve carried for pretty much our entire lives up to this point, while people like my mom and her generation have had to actually learn how to communicate.
About joemartin2014J-student at Arizona State University, and pursing a minor in business as well.
- Been using ios11 for a week now. A lot is good! 1 week ago
- 90 percent of my instagram notifications are adult spam bots 1 week ago
- lol watching the dbacks coverage of the shelling the cubs are delivering: historic scoreboard? Awful. Lesters first home run? Not real. 2 weeks ago
- Great day for some bad golf (@ Karsten Golf Course - @asu in Tempe, AZ) swarmapp.com/c/9islEOWa91a 2 weeks ago
- Goodbye six pack that didn't exist (at @Oreganos Pizza Bistro in Gilbert, AZ) swarmapp.com/c/8ok8k6c7dQJ 2 weeks ago
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.